In 2016, Engineers Canada conducted two key consultation activities. The first consultation was to consider proposed criteria changes. The second consultation took place at the Forum on Accreditation to better understand what stakeholders require from the accreditation system.
“What do we need to do, together, to ensure that accreditation is done in a manner that brings greatest benefit to the profession?”
August 2016: Forum on Accreditation
Engineers Canada engaged key stakeholders of the accreditation system in a two-day collaborative transformation Forum to consider a shared vision for the future of accreditation in Canada and to discuss how that vision could be realized.
The Forum was held in Toronto, ON on August 17 and 18, 2016. Approximately 115 participants attended the Forum, representing a diverse cross-section including representatives from regulators, universities, industry (employers), engineering students, the Accreditation Board and the Engineers Canada Board.
The Forum was well received by participants and provided great recommendations and areas of focus to create a shared vision for the future of accreditation along with ideas on how best to implement this shared vision.
- Survey Results - Consultation on the Future of Accreditation 2016
- Survey Results - Consultations sur l’avenir de l’agrément 2016
- CRÉIQ / QCESO
- APEGBC Submission
- NCDEAS White Paper
- F. Collins Comments on NCDEAS Proposed use of Syllabi
- Accredited Engineering Degree Programs in Canada
- Consultation on Engineering Instruction and Accreditation (May 2016)
January 2016 – September 2016: Consultation on proposed criteria changes
A consultation on proposed changes to accreditation criteria for the 2017-18 cycle took place in early 2016 to inform the recommendations that the Accreditation Board would make to the Engineers Canada Board at the September 2016 Board meeting.
The consultation on proposed criteria changes was conducted by Georges Lozano, MPA, CAE. Please see the Consultant’s Report on Proposed Criteria Changes.
Submissions received on the proposed criteria changes
- Consultant’s Report on Proposed Criteria Changes
- APEGA Position Statement
- Submissions from Past Chairs of the Accreditation Board
- M. Isaacson Response to Proposed Criteria Changes
- University of Waterloo Response
- OIQ Response